Jewelry

  • Rebecca Egan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2005
      Does it mean anything if you wear a torque?

      Rebecca the Dark
      Outlands
      Unser Hafen

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Heather M
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
        Rebecca Egan wrote:

        > Does it mean anything if you wear a torque?
        >
        > Rebecca the Dark
        > Outlands
        > Unser Hafen

        Not here. Remember that in the SCAyou're assumed to be of minor but
        gentle birth. I know a guy who's worn a very nice torc since before his
        several awards for both service and sharing and learning of the arts &
        sciences.

        Margaret Northwode
      • Jennifer
        Message 3 of 4 , May 25, 2008
          My persona is early medieval Scottish. I am looking for information on
          the jewelry worn. I am having a hard time specifying Scottish and it
          actually being period jewelry. Any suggestions on where I can find
          more info on this?
        • Sara L Uckelman
          Message 4 of 4 , May 25, 2008
            Quoth "Jennifer":
            > My persona is early medieval Scottish. I am looking for information on
            > the jewelry worn. I am having a hard time specifying Scottish and it
            > actually being period jewelry. Any suggestions on where I can find
            > more info on this?

            The article "Scottish Women's Clothing"
            (http://www.medievalscotland.org/clothing/scotwomen.shtml) primarily
            addresses clothing, but the books which are cited here probably
            also contain information about jewelry and accessories, and the
            same for the books listed at "Books and Articles with Descriptions
            or Depictions of Historical Scottish Clothing"
            (http://www.medievalscotland.org/clothing/books/).

            -Aryanhwy

            --
            vita sine literis mors est