RE: [SCA Newcomers] new to SCA

  • Veronica Young
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
      Greetings and Welcome to the SCA. I am Lady Veronica (though slowly
      transitioing to Lady Merewenne) of Winters Gate. Right now I am
      residing a mere 40 miles from you in the Barony of Selviergard. You
      are extremely lucky in being a memeber of Oertha, its a wonderful
      Principality. :) Oertha does have an email list,
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sca_oertha/ the list tends to get used
      for Eskalyan business a lot. :) Here is the list of Eskalyan officers,
      if Breok hasn't already Responded you will find his email on this page.
      http://www.geocities.com/eskalya/officers.html

      In the next month leading up to Coronet there are a few new comers
      events in which you should be able to get in contact with many of the
      Eskalyan and Oerthan Officers, the first is the Summer Hunt / Newcomers
      Event
      (http://oertha.westkingdom.org/Calendar/selviergardsummerhunt40.html )
      in Selveirgard. It is June 18-19th in Houston. Unfortunatly I will not
      be there as I will be fishing...mundane life gets in the way sometimes
      :).

      After the Newcomers event there really won't be any other events until
      Coronet, there is Games day in Winters Gate on July 9th, and Possibly A
      Demo in Selviergard the same weekend.

      The 2nd is Eskalya's Newcomers Event, June 2th
      (http://oertha.westkingdom.org/Calendar/esknewcomers40.html ). This I
      might be able to attend if I'm not out on Prince William Sound with my
      family...Oh Mundanity, its so much fun. :)
      July 16-17 is Mid Summer Coronet
      (http://oertha.westkingdom.org/Calendar/summercoronet40.html ) which
      promises to be quite a bit of fun, its being held at Kincaid park.
      Just so you know FEAST reservations are due on the 18th of this month.
      Feast promisses to be quite good. We have some wonderful cooks in
      Oertha.

      Lady Merewenne of Wintersgate. ...Formally Lady Veronica
      11th century Saxon...though of late a Late Period Persona has popped
      into my head...hmmm

    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
        On Wednesday 15 June 2005 09:44, Brigitte wrote:
        > Hi!  My name is Bridgette, no SCA name just yet.  I am hoping to join
        > the SCA here in Anchorage but so far haven't had much luck contacting
        > anyone.  If anyone knows how to reach someone here, please let me
        > know!!!  Thanks!

        LOL! From the number of replies you've gotten, I think your problem is now
        solved. Nay, verily, your problem has apparently been yanked out of its
        hiding place, thrown roughly to the ground, stomped, shot, pummeled, kicked,
        and incinerated until it is nothing but a smoldering puddle of goo. {GRIN}

        (And I feel *so* silly for having replied to this, not realizing there were
        folks on this list from Oertha. Sorry about that...I wasn't intending to
        step on anyone's toes.)

        keys fesswise reversed sable.