Re: [SCA Newcomers] new to SCA

  • Bulgarelli Maria
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
      Brigitte

      I have also forwarded your email address - but to the
      Gold Key for the Barony in Anchorage (I can't remember
      the name of it off hand). I have asked her to contact
      you. As the Hospitaler (Gold Key) for the Barony of
      the Stargate and the Shire of Gate's Edge in the
      Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra, I'm relatively sure that
      she understands that she will need to be contacting
      you soon.

      If you need any more help, please let me know. I'll
      be happy to pull a few strings. The Kingdom Seneschal
      of Ansteorra is a friend (wink).

      Welcome to the SCA and have fun.

      Maria Buchanan
      Lady Elizabetta "Maria" de Medici
      Official Worrier of House Starfire and the Amazing
      sister of the house
      Hospitaler - Barony of the Stargate
      Hospitaler - Shire of Gate's Edge
      In the Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra

      --- Brigitte <btwilinski@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Hi! My name is Bridgette, no SCA name just yet. I am
      hoping to join
      the SCA here in Anchorage but so far haven't had much
      luck contacting
      anyone. If anyone knows how to reach someone here,
      please let me
      know!!! Thanks!

      Terms of Service.
    • Veronica Young
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
        Greetings and Welcome to the SCA. I am Lady Veronica (though slowly
        transitioing to Lady Merewenne) of Winters Gate. Right now I am
        residing a mere 40 miles from you in the Barony of Selviergard. You
        are extremely lucky in being a memeber of Oertha, its a wonderful
        Principality. :) Oertha does have an email list,
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sca_oertha/ the list tends to get used
        for Eskalyan business a lot. :) Here is the list of Eskalyan officers,
        if Breok hasn't already Responded you will find his email on this page.
        http://www.geocities.com/eskalya/officers.html

        In the next month leading up to Coronet there are a few new comers
        events in which you should be able to get in contact with many of the
        Eskalyan and Oerthan Officers, the first is the Summer Hunt / Newcomers
        Event
        (http://oertha.westkingdom.org/Calendar/selviergardsummerhunt40.html )
        in Selveirgard. It is June 18-19th in Houston. Unfortunatly I will not
        be there as I will be fishing...mundane life gets in the way sometimes
        :).

        After the Newcomers event there really won't be any other events until
        Coronet, there is Games day in Winters Gate on July 9th, and Possibly A
        Demo in Selviergard the same weekend.

        The 2nd is Eskalya's Newcomers Event, June 2th
        (http://oertha.westkingdom.org/Calendar/esknewcomers40.html ). This I
        might be able to attend if I'm not out on Prince William Sound with my
        family...Oh Mundanity, its so much fun. :)
        July 16-17 is Mid Summer Coronet
        (http://oertha.westkingdom.org/Calendar/summercoronet40.html ) which
        promises to be quite a bit of fun, its being held at Kincaid park.
        Just so you know FEAST reservations are due on the 18th of this month.
        Feast promisses to be quite good. We have some wonderful cooks in
        Oertha.

        Lady Merewenne of Wintersgate. ...Formally Lady Veronica
        11th century Saxon...though of late a Late Period Persona has popped
        into my head...hmmm

      • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
          On Wednesday 15 June 2005 09:44, Brigitte wrote:
          > Hi!  My name is Bridgette, no SCA name just yet.  I am hoping to join
          > the SCA here in Anchorage but so far haven't had much luck contacting
          > anyone.  If anyone knows how to reach someone here, please let me
          > know!!!  Thanks!

          LOL! From the number of replies you've gotten, I think your problem is now
          solved. Nay, verily, your problem has apparently been yanked out of its
          hiding place, thrown roughly to the ground, stomped, shot, pummeled, kicked,
          and incinerated until it is nothing but a smoldering puddle of goo. {GRIN}

          (And I feel *so* silly for having replied to this, not realizing there were
          folks on this list from Oertha. Sorry about that...I wasn't intending to
          step on anyone's toes.)

          keys fesswise reversed sable.