Re: [SCA Newcomers] new to SCA

  • Milica of Varna
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
      Good morning Bridgette and welcome.

      I've forwarded your note to the Chatelaine of Oertha, the Principality in
      Alaska. I'm sure you can put you in contact with someone in Anchorage. They
      have a very active group and I'm certain they will be delighted to find
      someone interesting in joining them.

      Milica

      On Wednesday 15 June 2005 09:44, Brigitte wrote:
      > Hi! My name is Bridgette, no SCA name just yet. I am hoping to join
      > the SCA here in Anchorage but so far haven't had much luck contacting
      > anyone. If anyone knows how to reach someone here, please let me
      > know!!! Thanks!
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      THL Milica of Varna
      Seneschal, Marche of Alderford

    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
        On Wednesday 15 June 2005 09:44, Brigitte wrote:
        > Hi!  My name is Bridgette, no SCA name just yet.  I am hoping to join
        > the SCA here in Anchorage but so far haven't had much luck contacting
        > anyone.  If anyone knows how to reach someone here, please let me
        > know!!!  Thanks!

        Hmmmm.... Anchorage is part of the Principality of Oertha. Specifically,
        your local group would be the Barony of Eskalya, located on the web at
        http://www.geocities.com/eskalya/ . If you have trouble reaching someone
        at the local Barony, move "up a level" and try contacting someone at
        Oertha. Their web site is http://oertha.westkingdom.org/ .

        The Eskalya web site has contact info for several officers. I would suggest
        starting with the Chatelain(e) and the Seneschal(e).

        Let me know if you still can't reach anyone, and I'll try to make direct
        contact on your behalf through other channels.

        Kind regards,

        keys fesswise reversed sable.

      • Bulgarelli Maria
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
          Brigitte

          I have also forwarded your email address - but to the
          Gold Key for the Barony in Anchorage (I can't remember
          the name of it off hand). I have asked her to contact
          you. As the Hospitaler (Gold Key) for the Barony of
          the Stargate and the Shire of Gate's Edge in the
          Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra, I'm relatively sure that
          she understands that she will need to be contacting
          you soon.

          If you need any more help, please let me know. I'll
          be happy to pull a few strings. The Kingdom Seneschal
          of Ansteorra is a friend (wink).

          Welcome to the SCA and have fun.

          Maria Buchanan
          Lady Elizabetta "Maria" de Medici
          Official Worrier of House Starfire and the Amazing
          sister of the house
          Hospitaler - Barony of the Stargate
          Hospitaler - Shire of Gate's Edge

          --- Brigitte <btwilinski@...> wrote:

          ---------------------------------
          Hi! My name is Bridgette, no SCA name just yet. I am
          hoping to join
          the SCA here in Anchorage but so far haven't had much
          luck contacting
          anyone. If anyone knows how to reach someone here,
          please let me
          know!!! Thanks!

          Terms of Service.
        • Veronica Young
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
            Greetings and Welcome to the SCA. I am Lady Veronica (though slowly
            transitioing to Lady Merewenne) of Winters Gate. Right now I am
            residing a mere 40 miles from you in the Barony of Selviergard. You
            are extremely lucky in being a memeber of Oertha, its a wonderful
            Principality. :) Oertha does have an email list,
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sca_oertha/ the list tends to get used
            for Eskalyan business a lot. :) Here is the list of Eskalyan officers,
            if Breok hasn't already Responded you will find his email on this page.
            http://www.geocities.com/eskalya/officers.html

            In the next month leading up to Coronet there are a few new comers
            events in which you should be able to get in contact with many of the
            Eskalyan and Oerthan Officers, the first is the Summer Hunt / Newcomers
            Event
            (http://oertha.westkingdom.org/Calendar/selviergardsummerhunt40.html )
            in Selveirgard. It is June 18-19th in Houston. Unfortunatly I will not
            be there as I will be fishing...mundane life gets in the way sometimes
            :).

            After the Newcomers event there really won't be any other events until
            Coronet, there is Games day in Winters Gate on July 9th, and Possibly A
            Demo in Selviergard the same weekend.

            The 2nd is Eskalya's Newcomers Event, June 2th
            (http://oertha.westkingdom.org/Calendar/esknewcomers40.html ). This I
            might be able to attend if I'm not out on Prince William Sound with my
            family...Oh Mundanity, its so much fun. :)
            July 16-17 is Mid Summer Coronet
            (http://oertha.westkingdom.org/Calendar/summercoronet40.html ) which
            promises to be quite a bit of fun, its being held at Kincaid park.
            Just so you know FEAST reservations are due on the 18th of this month.
            Feast promisses to be quite good. We have some wonderful cooks in
            Oertha.

            Lady Merewenne of Wintersgate. ...Formally Lady Veronica
            11th century Saxon...though of late a Late Period Persona has popped
            into my head...hmmm

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
              On Wednesday 15 June 2005 09:44, Brigitte wrote:
              > Hi!  My name is Bridgette, no SCA name just yet.  I am hoping to join
              > the SCA here in Anchorage but so far haven't had much luck contacting
              > anyone.  If anyone knows how to reach someone here, please let me
              > know!!!  Thanks!

              LOL! From the number of replies you've gotten, I think your problem is now
              solved. Nay, verily, your problem has apparently been yanked out of its
              hiding place, thrown roughly to the ground, stomped, shot, pummeled, kicked,
              and incinerated until it is nothing but a smoldering puddle of goo. {GRIN}

              (And I feel *so* silly for having replied to this, not realizing there were
              folks on this list from Oertha. Sorry about that...I wasn't intending to
              step on anyone's toes.)

              keys fesswise reversed sable.