new to SCA

  • Brigitte
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
      Hi! My name is Bridgette, no SCA name just yet. I am hoping to join
      the SCA here in Anchorage but so far haven't had much luck contacting
      anyone. If anyone knows how to reach someone here, please let me
      know!!! Thanks!
    • Milica of Varna
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
        Good morning Bridgette and welcome.

        I've forwarded your note to the Chatelaine of Oertha, the Principality in
        Alaska. I'm sure you can put you in contact with someone in Anchorage. They
        have a very active group and I'm certain they will be delighted to find
        someone interesting in joining them.

        Milica

        On Wednesday 15 June 2005 09:44, Brigitte wrote:
        > Hi! My name is Bridgette, no SCA name just yet. I am hoping to join
        > the SCA here in Anchorage but so far haven't had much luck contacting
        > anyone. If anyone knows how to reach someone here, please let me
        > know!!! Thanks!
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        THL Milica of Varna
        Seneschal, Marche of Alderford

      • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
          On Wednesday 15 June 2005 09:44, Brigitte wrote:
          > Hi!  My name is Bridgette, no SCA name just yet.  I am hoping to join
          > the SCA here in Anchorage but so far haven't had much luck contacting
          > anyone.  If anyone knows how to reach someone here, please let me
          > know!!!  Thanks!

          Hmmmm.... Anchorage is part of the Principality of Oertha. Specifically,
          your local group would be the Barony of Eskalya, located on the web at
          http://www.geocities.com/eskalya/ . If you have trouble reaching someone
          at the local Barony, move "up a level" and try contacting someone at
          Oertha. Their web site is http://oertha.westkingdom.org/ .

          The Eskalya web site has contact info for several officers. I would suggest
          starting with the Chatelain(e) and the Seneschal(e).

          Let me know if you still can't reach anyone, and I'll try to make direct
          contact on your behalf through other channels.

          Kind regards,

          keys fesswise reversed sable.

        • Bulgarelli Maria
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
            Brigitte

            I have also forwarded your email address - but to the
            Gold Key for the Barony in Anchorage (I can't remember
            the name of it off hand). I have asked her to contact
            you. As the Hospitaler (Gold Key) for the Barony of
            the Stargate and the Shire of Gate's Edge in the
            Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra, I'm relatively sure that
            she understands that she will need to be contacting
            you soon.

            If you need any more help, please let me know. I'll
            be happy to pull a few strings. The Kingdom Seneschal
            of Ansteorra is a friend (wink).

            Welcome to the SCA and have fun.

            Maria Buchanan
            Lady Elizabetta "Maria" de Medici
            Official Worrier of House Starfire and the Amazing
            sister of the house
            Hospitaler - Barony of the Stargate
            Hospitaler - Shire of Gate's Edge

            --- Brigitte <btwilinski@...> wrote:

            ---------------------------------
            Hi! My name is Bridgette, no SCA name just yet. I am
            hoping to join
            the SCA here in Anchorage but so far haven't had much
            luck contacting
            anyone. If anyone knows how to reach someone here,
            please let me
            know!!! Thanks!

            Terms of Service.
          • Veronica Young
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
              Greetings and Welcome to the SCA. I am Lady Veronica (though slowly
              transitioing to Lady Merewenne) of Winters Gate. Right now I am
              residing a mere 40 miles from you in the Barony of Selviergard. You
              are extremely lucky in being a memeber of Oertha, its a wonderful
              Principality. :) Oertha does have an email list,
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sca_oertha/ the list tends to get used
              for Eskalyan business a lot. :) Here is the list of Eskalyan officers,
              if Breok hasn't already Responded you will find his email on this page.
              http://www.geocities.com/eskalya/officers.html

              In the next month leading up to Coronet there are a few new comers
              events in which you should be able to get in contact with many of the
              Eskalyan and Oerthan Officers, the first is the Summer Hunt / Newcomers
              Event
              (http://oertha.westkingdom.org/Calendar/selviergardsummerhunt40.html )
              in Selveirgard. It is June 18-19th in Houston. Unfortunatly I will not
              be there as I will be fishing...mundane life gets in the way sometimes
              :).

              After the Newcomers event there really won't be any other events until
              Coronet, there is Games day in Winters Gate on July 9th, and Possibly A
              Demo in Selviergard the same weekend.

              The 2nd is Eskalya's Newcomers Event, June 2th
              (http://oertha.westkingdom.org/Calendar/esknewcomers40.html ). This I
              might be able to attend if I'm not out on Prince William Sound with my
              family...Oh Mundanity, its so much fun. :)
              July 16-17 is Mid Summer Coronet
              (http://oertha.westkingdom.org/Calendar/summercoronet40.html ) which
              promises to be quite a bit of fun, its being held at Kincaid park.
              Just so you know FEAST reservations are due on the 18th of this month.
              Feast promisses to be quite good. We have some wonderful cooks in
              Oertha.

              Lady Merewenne of Wintersgate. ...Formally Lady Veronica
              11th century Saxon...though of late a Late Period Persona has popped
              into my head...hmmm

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
                On Wednesday 15 June 2005 09:44, Brigitte wrote:
                > Hi!  My name is Bridgette, no SCA name just yet.  I am hoping to join
                > the SCA here in Anchorage but so far haven't had much luck contacting
                > anyone.  If anyone knows how to reach someone here, please let me
                > know!!!  Thanks!

                LOL! From the number of replies you've gotten, I think your problem is now
                solved. Nay, verily, your problem has apparently been yanked out of its
                hiding place, thrown roughly to the ground, stomped, shot, pummeled, kicked,
                and incinerated until it is nothing but a smoldering puddle of goo. {GRIN}

                (And I feel *so* silly for having replied to this, not realizing there were
                folks on this list from Oertha. Sorry about that...I wasn't intending to
                step on anyone's toes.)

                keys fesswise reversed sable.