Re: [SCA Newcomers] Maria wants to contact you

  • Bulgarelli Maria
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2005
      That's my fault. I never told the thing to send
      invites but it did. I have actually removed all
      contacts from my list and you should never see this
      again.

      Sorry.

      Maria
      --- Iustinos Tekton called Justin <justin@...>
      wrote:
      ---------------------------------
      On Friday 03 June 2005 16:07, Maria Buchanan wrote:
      > Maria Buchanan would like to invite you to join
      their network of contacts

      Good day, everyone.

      I don't mean to pick on Maria particularly, because
      she's the one to which I
      happen to reply, but in general, let's please keep
      this kind of post *off* the
      SCAnewcomers list, please.

      Maria's not the only one to post this; the others I
      have contacted privately,
      but it occurs to me that if I say nothing on the list,
      everyone might decide
      this is a great idea and follow suit.

      Please don't do that. There are many hundreds of
      subscribers on this list,
      and (1) you *really* don't want even 10% of them in
      your personal contacts
      network, and (2) the list will be inundated with
      messages to the point of
      obliteration. :-)

      Thanks!

      Justin
      List Moderator

      --
      ()xxxx[]::::::::::::::::::>
      <::::::::::::::::::[]xxxx()

      Marche of Alderford (Canton, Ohio)
      http://4th.com/sca/justin/
      justin@... PGP Public Key at
      http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey

      Terms of Service.
    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2005
        On Saturday 04 June 2005 14:13, Bulgarelli Maria wrote:
        > That's my fault.  I never told the thing to send
        > invites but it did.  I have actually removed all
        > contacts from my list and you should never see this
        > again.
        >
        > Sorry.
        >
        > Maria

        No problem. So far every time this has happened, it's been an honest mistake,
        and I presumed the same in your case. :-) At worst, I figured maybe you just
        didn't realize how many people (I think it's like 700+) are on this list and
        the unintended consequences.

        No harm, no foul...the note from me was just my usual "doing my job as
        Moderator" stuff, nothing personal. :-)

        keys fesswise reversed sable.