Maria wants to contact you

  • Maria Buchanan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
      Maria Buchanan would like to invite you to join their network of contacts at http://www.wayn.com

      Visit http://www.wayn.com/wayn.html?wci=register&wce=refferal&m=658618&c=23065409 to start your own network today!

      (If you would prefer not to receive invites from Maria go to http://www.wayn.com/?wci=premails&m=658618&c=23065409 to stop these messages)

      Regards,
      Maria

    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
        On Friday 03 June 2005 16:07, Maria Buchanan wrote:
        > Maria Buchanan would like to invite you to join their network of contacts

        Good day, everyone.

        I don't mean to pick on Maria particularly, because she's the one to which I
        happen to reply, but in general, let's please keep this kind of post *off* the
        SCAnewcomers list, please.

        Maria's not the only one to post this; the others I have contacted privately,
        but it occurs to me that if I say nothing on the list, everyone might decide
        this is a great idea and follow suit.

        Please don't do that. There are many hundreds of subscribers on this list,
        and (1) you *really* don't want even 10% of them in your personal contacts
        network, and (2) the list will be inundated with messages to the point of
        obliteration. :-)

        Thanks!

        Justin
        List Moderator

        keys fesswise reversed sable.

      • Bulgarelli Maria
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2005
          That's my fault. I never told the thing to send
          invites but it did. I have actually removed all
          contacts from my list and you should never see this
          again.

          Sorry.

          Maria
          --- Iustinos Tekton called Justin <justin@...>
          wrote:
          ---------------------------------
          On Friday 03 June 2005 16:07, Maria Buchanan wrote:
          > Maria Buchanan would like to invite you to join
          their network of contacts

          Good day, everyone.

          I don't mean to pick on Maria particularly, because
          she's the one to which I
          happen to reply, but in general, let's please keep
          this kind of post *off* the
          SCAnewcomers list, please.

          Maria's not the only one to post this; the others I
          have contacted privately,
          but it occurs to me that if I say nothing on the list,
          everyone might decide
          this is a great idea and follow suit.

          Please don't do that. There are many hundreds of
          subscribers on this list,
          and (1) you *really* don't want even 10% of them in
          your personal contacts
          network, and (2) the list will be inundated with
          messages to the point of
          obliteration. :-)

          Thanks!

          Justin
          List Moderator

          --
          ()xxxx[]::::::::::::::::::>
          <::::::::::::::::::[]xxxx()

          Marche of Alderford (Canton, Ohio)
          http://4th.com/sca/justin/
          justin@... PGP Public Key at
          http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey

          Terms of Service.
        • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2005
            On Saturday 04 June 2005 14:13, Bulgarelli Maria wrote:
            > That's my fault.  I never told the thing to send
            > invites but it did.  I have actually removed all
            > contacts from my list and you should never see this
            > again.
            >
            > Sorry.
            >
            > Maria

            No problem. So far every time this has happened, it's been an honest mistake,
            and I presumed the same in your case. :-) At worst, I figured maybe you just
            didn't realize how many people (I think it's like 700+) are on this list and
            the unintended consequences.

            No harm, no foul...the note from me was just my usual "doing my job as
            Moderator" stuff, nothing personal. :-)

            keys fesswise reversed sable.