Re: [SCA Newcomers] Hey ;)

  • Bulgarelli Maria
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
      What the hell?

      I'm thinking this is a little spam.

      Maria
      --- Sharon Persley <firelizard67@...> wrote:
      ---------------------------------
      Sharon Persley has invited you to join hi5. By joining
      hi5, you will be connected to Sharon and all of
      Sharon's friends.

      hi5 is the place where friends meet. You can use hi5
      for the following purposes:
      * Find old friends
      * Meet new people
      * Browse photos

      Join Sharon, meet Sharon's friends, and meet people
      that share your interests now!

      Click here:
      http://www.hi5.com/register/GEHDW?inviteId=IKE37RE30N23846987s0

      This invitation was sent to
      scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Sharon
      Persley (firelizard67@...).

      If you do not wish to receive invitations from hi5
      members, click on the link below:
      http://www.hi5.com/friend/displayBlockInvite.do?inviteId=IKE37RE30N23846987s0

      Terms of Service.
    • Cathy
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
        Did anyone actually open this?

        Cathy

      • Bulgarelli Maria
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
          LOL not even close. I saw that it was an invite to
          something and just left it alone.

          Maria
          --- Cathy <daycl@...> wrote:
          ---------------------------------
          Did anyone actually open this?

          Cathy

          Terms of Service.
        • Hedwig zum Zuckerbar
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
            Nope not me...I deleted it and then emptied my trash can...

            On 6/2/05, Cathy <daycl@...> wrote:

            > Did anyone actually open this?
            >
            > Cathy

            Hedwig

            "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell them you are, then
            you aren't."
            Margaret Thatcher

          • Marco and Jitka Sainte
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
              Hedwig zum Zuckerbar wrote:

              > Nope not me...I deleted it and then emptied my trash can...
              >
              > On 6/2/05, Cathy <daycl@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Did anyone actually open this?
              > >
              > > Cathy

              It's not intentional spam. It's an invitation from a site where you plug
              in all the addresses in your address book and they send out invites,
              then those people send out invites... kind of a "Six Degrees of
              Separation" deal. I personally don't trust 'em, but this isn't a
              malicious spam. I'd be willing to bet someone from the group (Hm, Sharon
              Persley bychance? ;)) plugged in all the addresses from her address
              book, not realizing that she included this.

              Fiora

            • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
                On Thursday 02 June 2005 09:37, Bulgarelli Maria wrote:
                > I'm thinking this is a little spam.

                It's an innocent mistake by a legitimate subscriber, who posted it
                accidentally. We've been in contact off-list, and I don't think you
                will see it again. :-)

                Justin
                List Moderator

                keys fesswise reversed sable.