Re: [SCA Newcomers] Yet Another Tent Question

    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2005
      In a message dated 5/26/2005 8:46:40 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      diego_el_gallina_picoteado@... writes:

      I have a canvass wall tent. Its design really dates to the 19th
      century, but it is similar to tents used in period. Would it be
      acceptable as a pavillion? Would it stand out like a sore thumb? Or
      would I be religated to the "nylon ghetto"?

      Lots of people use canvas wall tents - it should be fine. And as a side
      note, depending on where you are, there may or may not be any attempt to
      separate period and non-period tents. It's extremely rare, for example, for
      anything like that to even be considered in the Southern Region of the East Kingdom.

      Lancaster, PA