Re: [SCA Newcomers] Tent Question

  • Janet
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2005
      I don't know if the Jeep tent is any good or not, but
      my boyfriend has been drooling over it for about a
      year now...lol.
      ~Isabel

      Yahoo! Mail
    • Bulgarelli Maria
      Message 2 of 4 , May 22, 2005
        Not with Jeep tents in particular but I was going to
        suggest a cabin tent rather than a dome. They will
        have more headroom and you won't have that problem
        with the 3 foot square area in the center. You'll
        have a much larger area in the center where you'll be
        able to stand.

        Maria
        --- clekhd <CleKHD@...> wrote:
        ---------------------------------
        We are beginning our first season of SCA camping
        events and going to be
        using mudane tents for this year. As we are 5 with 2
        teens we are
        doing the 2 tent route as some of you advised and we
        have a tent
        purchased for the teens a 13 X 11 Coleman. We are
        looking for a larger
        one for ourselves, the 3 priorities are #1 keeping
        dry, #2 overall size
        and #3 headroom.

        The problem with the dome tents that are common and
        affordable is that
        there seems to be about a 3ft X 3ft area where a
        person can stand in
        the middle. I have been looking at Dick's where the
        guy was pretty
        good and actually told me NOT to buy the Eagle's Peak
        20 X 10 tent that
        I was looking at because it would leak. He strongly
        recommended the
        Coleman as the most durable (and it was cheaper than
        many others he
        had) but the biggest was the one we already has.
        Today I saw a tent at
        Sams Club, by Jeep, 17 X 11 and more of a cabin than a
        dome with a 7ft
        heighth in the center. It looks like it has alot of
        interior room
        because the sides only slant slightly. Does anyone
        have any experience
        with a Jeep tent? There wasn't one set up to look at
        so it was only
        the minature version and the box to look at.

        Terms of Service.
      • cad557@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 22, 2005
          Good Afternoon,

          I have a Jeep tent and I love it. It is almost like the one at Sams (I
          bought mine there too) I first got it last summer and didn't have a bit of
          trouble with it. Last weekend I used it and we were hammered with a bad storm. The
          rainfly leaked some but otherwise it was fine. My advice is seal the fly seams
          and you will be fine. I like it because I can put it up and take it down all
          by myself. (help is nice but sometimes not available when you want it) If you
          have any other questions.........just ask.

          Milisandia
          Shire of Eisental
          East Kingdom

        • CleKHD@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 27, 2005
            Thanks for the responses to my question. I went ahead and got the Jeep tent,
            looks like a good deal for the space. Will try it out in early June at the
            Norther Oaken War Manuevers. I will seal the seems as you had suggested.

            Thank you,

            Duncan