Tent Question

  • clekhd
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2005
      We are beginning our first season of SCA camping events and going to be
      using mudane tents for this year. As we are 5 with 2 teens we are
      doing the 2 tent route as some of you advised and we have a tent
      purchased for the teens a 13 X 11 Coleman. We are looking for a larger
      one for ourselves, the 3 priorities are #1 keeping dry, #2 overall size
      and #3 headroom.

      The problem with the dome tents that are common and affordable is that
      there seems to be about a 3ft X 3ft area where a person can stand in
      the middle. I have been looking at Dick's where the guy was pretty
      good and actually told me NOT to buy the Eagle's Peak 20 X 10 tent that
      I was looking at because it would leak. He strongly recommended the
      Coleman as the most durable (and it was cheaper than many others he
      had) but the biggest was the one we already has. Today I saw a tent at
      Sams Club, by Jeep, 17 X 11 and more of a cabin than a dome with a 7ft
      heighth in the center. It looks like it has alot of interior room
      because the sides only slant slightly. Does anyone have any experience
      with a Jeep tent? There wasn't one set up to look at so it was only
      the minature version and the box to look at.