Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: New SCA'er (forgot...M.E.)

  • Marco and Jitka Sainte
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13, 2005
      Randee wrote:

      > OH - almost forgot.
      >
      > Im also interested in ME (middle eastern) for my persona, but Im not
      > middle eastern, would that look just plain silly? What do you all
      > think? I do have dark hair, but I dont particularly look middle
      > eastern. I think their costumes are neet though... at least the one I
      > saw in the files of SCA-garb.
      >
      > OK, Im done... sorry for going on so much.

      Hah! If you'd look silly, I'll just plain look ridiculous... so white
      the sun bounces off of me, with reddish hair. :)

      To rephrase, no, you won't look silly. And I have some pages someone
      scanned for me about some ME garb that I could pass on if you'd like...
      they're attachments, but they'd be from this email. :) (Safe emailing...
      as important as safe sex! ;) )

      Also, as far as persona goes, don't sweat it too much. My persona's
      Italian, but I'm planning to wear... well, whatever I want, really. :)
      I've got one that's shaping up to be semi-French, I'm planning some ME
      garb, and I might even venture into Irish with a bog dress. I got into
      this for the garb, too, and I'm having a blast. :)

      In a silly mood,
      Fiora

    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 4 , May 15, 2005
        On Friday 13 May 2005 07:40, Randee wrote:
        > Im also interested in ME (middle eastern) for my persona,  but Im not
        > middle eastern,  would that look just plain silly?

        Doesn't matter. :-) Your persona should be a culture and time period of
        interest to you. There are plenty of African-Americans who do northern
        European persona, Caucasians who do Asian or Middle Eastern persona, and
        so on. If your garb looks Middle Eastern, people will accept readily that
        so is your persona. Have fun!

        keys fesswise reversed sable.