Re: [SCA Newcomers] Bringing children to events

  • Alison Choyce
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5 3:23 PM
      Greetings,

      Brangwayna and Tirloch are both correct. Here is a link to my shire's page which contains (at the bottom) links to both forms needed for children other than your own. http://www.hartshorn-dale.org/resources.php The two you want are the "children's waiver," and the "medical authorization for minors." Most events allow you to bring an extra teen, but there are exceptions, Pennsic being the most notable. If you are not sure about whether it is OK to bring other kids, just email the event autocrat, and ask. Different Kingdoms do have different policies, so again ask the autocrat as well for out of kingdom events.

      As to getting a form notarized, Hospitals will prefer it to be notarized, if the child has to go to the emergency room. They will treat irregardless of consent in the event of something life threatening, but something less emergent (like stitches) and they may require a notarized consent to treat. I've been in that position as a nurse on various school and scout camping trips. They will take verbal consent from the parents if they can reach parents by phone. Also, the medical authorization form does NOT include any place for basic medical infomation like allergies, which I think are good to know if you are responsible for someone else's kid.

      Crown for the East was last weekend, did your email get hung-up before posting to the list?

      In service,
      Alison Wodehalle
      Shire of Hartshorn-dale, East Kingdom

    • Susan Saladini
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6 5:36 AM
        >Crown for the East was last weekend, did your email get hung-up before
        >posting to the list?

        Thanks to everyone for you answers. I'm new to the group so my email is
        still monitored, therefore it took a while to get posted. I ended up going
        alone. I could not get my daughter to go without a friend along. Being
        that we are new it is hard for a teen to meet up and fit in as fast as they
        would want to.

        Sof'ia

        susan@...
        www.susan-rae.com