Re: [SCA Newcomers] Pennsic XX

  • Dave and Megan Anhorn
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2005
      Which Documentary was it? TRM David and Tangwystal had a crew following them that year, and there was at least one other that I know of at that war.

      Gwenhyfar Stuart
      Starleaf Gate, Middle
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2005
        In a message dated 5/5/2005 2:59:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        EvilBob8@... writes:

        <<I just watched the documentary of Pennsic XX in 1991. It looks like
        Pennsic can be pretty rowdy. :) Has anyone else seen this documentary?>>

        No, I haven't although I'm friends with the guy that filmed it.

        Pennsic can literally be as rowdy or as laid back as you want it to be. I
        avoid the rowdy stuff, myself, and haven't encountered anything I wouldn't be
        comfortable with a child seeing for several years.

        Lancaster, PA

      • Alison Choyce
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2005
          Meghan wrote:

          << I just watched the documentary of Pennsic XX in 1991. It looks like Pennsic can be pretty rowdy. :) Has anyone else seen this documentary? >>

          I have seen this one, it's gotten be a bit out of date, but still interesting. And it's rather long. There is a new one out that became available last year at Pennsic 33. It was filmed the year before at Pennsic 32, and seems to be geared to newcomer's. It has a full length video that is only 30 minutes long, and, on the same DVD, a short version of 10 minutes (I guess to prep a newcomer class with)

          Alison Wodehalle