Re: [SCA Newcomers] looking for a bit of guidance

  • Bulgarelli Maria
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2005
      Ok. Not sure if you're in the Kingdom of Trimaris or
      the Kingdom of Meridies. Check out this map of
      Meridies and see if you fall in there.
      http://www.meridies.org/map.html
      If not go to http://www.trimaris.org/mappe/ put in
      your zip code and see what comes up.

      Let us know if you need any more help.

      Lady Elizabetta de Medici
      Maria Buchanan
      Hospitaler - Barony of the Stargate
      Hospitaler - Shire of Gate's Edge
      In the Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra
      --- vurba <discordia@...> wrote:
      ---------------------------------
      Greetings to all,

      I'm looking to get involved into the SCA. I once
      attended a few
      events many years ago, probably about 6 or so, and
      have had that
      stirring interest for a few years to return. However,
      I happen to
      live out in the Middle of Nowhere(tm). (Which would be
      great since I
      have access to some privately owned acres to camp/play
      in but the
      people factor here is very low... not that it is a
      totally bad
      thing.)

      I'm located on the tiny little lip of Hernando County,
      Florida where
      Pasco and Sumter nearly meet. There is maybe a
      ten-mile stretch of
      Sumter to Lake. I'm figuring it's going to be a drive
      to a group no
      matter what. ;)

      Does anyone about in these areas want to lend a hand
      to a nearly
      shiny newbie?

      Thanks!

      Heidi