Re: [SCA Newcomers] medieval pattern questions :-)

  • Neume
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 28, 2005
      Greetings,
      All of this talk about these patterns brings me to some of my own questions.I purchased PP#21 the Cotehardie and Sideless Surcote pattern and this weekend we are going to cut out the muslin for it.Has anyone worked with this pattern enough to know of,and be able to forewarn me of any pitfalls I may experience with this pattern??? Already the directions seem a bit confusing,but then this will be my first cotehardie.The sleeves from just playing with the pattern also seem very,very tight.I'm an off the rack size 6,but for this pattern I had to cut out a 14 and at that the sleeves still seem very,very tight.I was going for view II,the one with the higher neckline and buttons.
      Thank you in advance,
      Morwen MKA Rebecca
      Kindom of Meridies