Re: Greetings, and a few armor questions

  • mavros_akropolites
    Message 1 of 2565 , Dec 17, 2000
      Greetings,<br><br>I will try to answer as many of
      your questions as I can. I had to split my message up
      cuz yahoo said it was too long. Here are some more
      answers to your questions. Sorry if i repeat any of my
      other message. I had to do a bunch of cutting and
      pasting.<br><br>>A heavy fighter at my last fighter practice told
      >me that I might want to look at the website
      >www.armourstore.com for a heavy fighter helmet. >Has anyone here
      used or know someone that has >used any of their
      products? And if so, how did >they like them?
      last 12 months or so. They had an absolutely
      satisfying experience. The turn around time was very fast
      and the armor was great. You really can't go wrong
      using the Armor Store.<br><br>>Also, I noticed that
      stainless steel helmets >tended to run about twice as
      expensive as >regular steel. I haven't really chosen a
      persona >just yet, so I'm thinking about getting a
      >decent, protective regular steel helmet. Then, >when I
      chose a persona, I can get an specific >style helmet
      and get it in stainless. Does >anyone have any
      opinions on that? <br><br>This sounds like a very good
      idea as you are correct about stainless steel helm
      prices. Another person on this list bought a decent, very
      cheap helm that I feel is great for beginners. It is an
      open faced great helm. I believe the armorer was
      called Truehearth Armory and I think the helm cost about
      $40(is that right Vice?). It certainly isn't the
      prettiest thing but it is the cheapest way to get on the
      field. Trust me, nobody will expect you to look like a
      million bucks right out the gate. Plus if you look good,
      people might think you know what you are doing. Then
      you'll be in a whole heap of trouble.<br>Again, good
      luck<br><br>Mavros
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003