Re: good weight for linings?

  • Michelle McKenney
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2005
      Hi all :-)

      Newbie question here: Is 5 oz. linen too heavy for use as a lining fabric?
      (I have some originally intended for garb, and it's very nice :-) I've got
      some tropical-weight wool and such that are about that weight themselves...
      it would seem that anything heavier would be too much for lining, but much
      thinner (such as 3.5 oz "hanky" weight) would be too lightweight to do the
      job? Or am I on the wrong track here? The intended garb is medieval era --
      linen kirtles, linen and tropical wool houppelandes, a sideless surcote or
      two (please excuse me if my use of the terms is incorrect; so much to learn
      and so little brain space left to fill ;-) ...

      thanks for any guidance, take care,

      Michelle in Stonemarche