Re: [SCA Newcomers] Pavilion Wanted

  • Scarlett
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20, 2005
      Ok. First of all, what do you want the pavilion for? If you want it only for shade, go out and buy an easy to put up pop-up. You can get a large Easy-up for under $200. I got a 10X10 for like $90. Then you can get some plain heavy cotton and waterproof that and make a cover for it that has those trailing things that cover the metal poles. That will make it look period.

      If you want to camp in the pavilion also, there are other options. You can get a good 8 - 10 person tent for somewhere around $150. Then waterproof it and you're good. However, it's not period looking and I don't know of any way to make a cover for it to make it look period.

      My suggestion is to look around at the sporting goods stores first and see what you can find.

      In Service to the Dream,
      Lady Elizabetta "Maria" de Medici
      Maria Buchanan
      Hospitaler - Barony of the Stargate