Re: Colart li Viseux ~Re:Boars's head hu

  • katfletcher
    Message 1 of 2565 , Dec 13, 2000
      Dear Grimulf,<br><br>I can answer this one! Carpe
      Diem, of course, means sieze the day as in "don't
      hesitate." Here in the Barony of Jaravellir, our device is
      two fish on either side of a bar. (O.K. Robert! I can
      do the real blazon, I am just trying to keep it
      simple!!) Specifically, catfish also known as Carp! Thus -
      Carpe Carp! Sieze the Catfish.<br>Good luck catching
      one of our fish though! Our fighters are really
      good!!!<br><br>On a side note, the old drinking "guild" aound here
      had a badge that was a single stripe across the field
      with a fish on its back beneath it. For those who can
      visualize heraldry, it is "Belly up to the
      Bar!!"<br><br>Kathryn
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003