Re: [SCA Newcomers] need help, please

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2005
      In a message dated 4/9/2005 10:47:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      dances_with_salmon@... writes:

      <<I am
      some what shy. In that time haven't made any close friendships. I have
      not found anyone exactly interested in in my reasreach or in similar
      research to guide me, or collaborate with. I know I need to get involved,
      but how? HOW DO I GET INVOLVED ????>>

      A lot of scadians are shy, too.

      I have two suggestions for you:
      1. At events, see what needs doing and offer to help - moving tables and
      chairs, washing dishes, cutting veggies in the kitchen, running errands for
      someone. This will help you get to know people and for them to get to know you.
      Right now they are probably respecting what they see as your need to sit
      back and watch. If you are helping, they are more likely to talk to you, and
      some really cool people do most of the helping.

      2. Tell us where you are, and what your interests and area of research are,
      and we may be able to introduce you to someone in your area with similar
      interests.

      Lancaster, PA

    • Jeremy Slick
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2005
        Sosi asked:
        "How's the costuming coming?"

        I'm assuming you're referring to that Insane Project
        (tm) that I was talking about on the SCA-Newbie list,
        right? *LOL* Well...it's not...yet.

        I'm sort of buried under the painting and such of 60+
        heraldic banners for the upcoming Crown Tournament
        that we have going on here on May 7th. *LOL* [[Who's
        idea was it to do 60 banners again, BTW? Oh wait,
        nevermind...I know that answer. *heh*]]

        Yahoo! Mail Mobile
        http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail