Re: [SCA Newcomers] need help, please

  • Amber/Sosi
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2005
      Giudo! I didn't know you were on this list...
      How's the costuming coming? (haha grin :-))

      Sosi
      New

      One's own ear-ring to one's dear friend-Russian proverb
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2005
        In a message dated 4/9/2005 10:47:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        dances_with_salmon@... writes:

        <<I am
        some what shy. In that time haven't made any close friendships. I have
        not found anyone exactly interested in in my reasreach or in similar
        research to guide me, or collaborate with. I know I need to get involved,
        but how? HOW DO I GET INVOLVED ????>>

        A lot of scadians are shy, too.

        I have two suggestions for you:
        1. At events, see what needs doing and offer to help - moving tables and
        chairs, washing dishes, cutting veggies in the kitchen, running errands for
        someone. This will help you get to know people and for them to get to know you.
        Right now they are probably respecting what they see as your need to sit
        back and watch. If you are helping, they are more likely to talk to you, and
        some really cool people do most of the helping.

        2. Tell us where you are, and what your interests and area of research are,
        and we may be able to introduce you to someone in your area with similar
        interests.

        Lancaster, PA

      • Jeremy Slick
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10, 2005
          Sosi asked:
          "How's the costuming coming?"

          I'm assuming you're referring to that Insane Project
          (tm) that I was talking about on the SCA-Newbie list,
          right? *LOL* Well...it's not...yet.

          I'm sort of buried under the painting and such of 60+
          heraldic banners for the upcoming Crown Tournament
          that we have going on here on May 7th. *LOL* [[Who's
          idea was it to do 60 banners again, BTW? Oh wait,
          nevermind...I know that answer. *heh*]]

          Yahoo! Mail Mobile
          http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail