Re: [SCA Newcomers] Sailing information?

  • Jeff Gedney
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2005
      >I am looking for some research sourses for information
      >on late period sailing/maritime life and the crafts
      >related to it (rope making, sailor garb, etc). So far
      >I have not been able to navigate through the junk
      >online, so if anyone has a site or book to recommend
      >to me it'd be greatly appreciated.
      >
      >Benny Shaffer

      I specialize in this sort of research, so I guess I am your man...

      let me know what you need, specifically.
      you can contact me off list, if you wish

      Time/place?

      Capt Elias
      -Renaissance Geek of the Cyber Seas

      - Help! I am being pecked to death by the Ducks of Dilletanteism!
      There are SO damn many more things I want to try in the SCA than I can possibly have time for. It's killing me!!!

      If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
      wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them
      to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
      - Antoine de Saint Exupery
    • W Hunt
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2005
        There is an SCA Nautical list that you may be interested in, named aptly enough SCA-Nautical on yahoo groups.

        Benny Rawlings <erin_24601@...> wrote:
        I am looking for some research sourses for information
        on late period sailing/maritime life and the crafts
        related to it (rope making, sailor garb, etc). So far
        I have not been able to navigate through the junk
        online, so if anyone has a site or book to recommend
        to me it'd be greatly appreciated.

        Benny Shaffer

        37% your base are belong to IRS!

        ~Wendy

        "Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars."
        Serbian Proverb