Re: [SCA Newcomers] keeping cool during the summer was A&S questions was: Local Arts & Sciences Officer

  • Scarlett
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2005
      Well, here in Ansteorra (in the Houston area at least) it's normally around 100 - 105 during the summer. And HUMID. And when I say HUMID I mean think what it would be like if the air was made of really hot water. LOL. I know you think I'm joking but I'm only exagerating a little. Anyway, I usually wear really light clothing to outdoor events during the summer. An indoor event can be a little better and there's AC in almost every place we go so it's usually ok.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2005
        On Wednesday 30 March 2005 18:02, Scarlett wrote:
        > it's normally around 100 - 105 during the summer.  And HUMID.  And when
        > I say HUMID I mean think what it would be like if the air was made of
        > really hot water.

        Unto the fair Lady Scarlett, greetings!

        My most gracious lady,

        Two words: Move North.

        Cordially,

        Justin

        {VERY BIG GRIN -- My ancestors came from *northern* Europe, and I'm just
        one of those people who cannot even conceive of living someplace where it
        gets really hot and humid. I live in northern Ohio, and I find even *that*
        to be too darned hot most of the spring and summer months. Maine looks
        really good from where I'm sitting.}

        keys fesswise reversed sable.

      • Scarlett
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2005
          LOL I came here from Philadelphia. I know snow. It's better here. At least I can go inside and be cool.

          Actually, we don't do much in the way of outdoor events in the height of the summer. Every once in a while there will be one, but mostly we have indoor events in the summer heat. Actually quite nice. Nice dark churches and such. (God I'm such a vampire.)

          In Service to the Dream,
          Lady Elizabetta "Maria" de Medici
          Maria Buchanan
          Hospitaler - Barony of the Stargate
          Hospitaler - Shire of Gate's Edge
          281-433-0347
          On Wednesday 30 March 2005 18:02, Scarlett wrote:
          > it's normally around 100 - 105 during the summer. And HUMID. And when
          > I say HUMID I mean think what it would be like if the air was made of
          > really hot water.

          Unto the fair Lady Scarlett, greetings!

          My most gracious lady,

          Two words: Move North.

          Cordially,

          Justin

          {VERY BIG GRIN -- My ancestors came from *northern* Europe, and I'm just
          one of those people who cannot even conceive of living someplace where it
          gets really hot and humid. I live in northern Ohio, and I find even *that*
          to be too darned hot most of the spring and summer months. Maine looks
          really good from where I'm sitting.}

          keys fesswise reversed sable.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Dianne & Greg Stucki
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1 2:46 PM
            LOL I came here from Philadelphia. I know snow. It's better here. At least I can go inside and be cool.
            I came to PA from Southeastern Michigan. I've been here six years now, and I'm still waiting for a REAL winter. I miss the snow. I lived in Atenveldt for a short time, many many moons ago, and I couldn't breathe in the hot, dry air. (Though I didn't know about the SCA at the time.) I like the humidity!

            Laurensa