Good book for Newcomer

  • CleKHD
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2005
      As a newcomer myself (2events and 2 fighter practices, no SCA name
      yet) let me recommend a book called "The Knights Next Door". It is
      written by Patrick O'Donnell a reporter for the Cleveland Plain
      Dealer and tells of his experience joining the SCA. I am 2/3rds of
      the way through it but his accounts of wearing garb for the first
      time, being a beginning fighter and going to his first event all ring
      true. I am finding this book informative and entertaining. I think
      it would be a valuable read for any newcomer especially a fighter.
      It is set in the Midrealm so If you live here it would be especially
      beneficial.