Re: [SCA Newcomers] help with a name of a place please

  • Janet
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 5, 2005
      The reason you don't change the meaning of the
      sentence by rearranging the words in a Latin sentence
      is that all the parts of speech have cetain
      endings...a subject noun gets one ending, a possessive
      noun gets another, etc, etc, etc.
      While I was taking Latin several years ago, it was a
      favorite trick of my magistra's to write the words of
      a sentence onto note cards, mix them up and then have
      us translate it. It actually works unless the
      sentences get really complicated. LOL.
      -Janet

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Korhyl Walker
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 5, 2005
        Oops sorry about that blank post :) what about the word Archive. thanks for the info :)

      • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 5, 2005
          On Saturday 05 March 2005 19:30, Korhyl Walker wrote:
          > what about the word Archive.

          I'm not sure I understand your question.

          keys fesswise reversed sable.

        • Korhyl Walker
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 5, 2005
            Iustinos Tekton called Justin <justin@...> wrote:On Saturday 05 March 2005 19:30, Korhyl Walker wrote:
            > what about the word Archive.

            I'm not sure I understand your question.

            Archive how far dos it date back. i am trying to set up a web page for my keep. i was thinking about The Keep Archive. i am setting it up for Arts And Sciences and to halp with picking SCA names. even to help with the right look and armor with patterns and how ot info.