Northwest Indiana SCA Group? (Greyhope?)

  • dariuscoinspinner
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1 9:09 PM
      Greetings, and well-met, lords and ladies. I am seeking information
      on any local branches of the SCA near Michigan City, Indiana. I
      have been interested in joining for some time, and am now in a
      position to do so. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any
      local branches with which to train. I have several friends who are
      also interested, and we would like to at least find local fighter
      practice in order to qualify for events. Please let me know if
      anyone has contact information that may be useful.

      Good Dn,
      Darius Coinspinner
    • Milica of Varna
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2 7:07 AM
        Greetings Darius,

        Here's a contact for the Seneschal of Greyhope who actually lives in Michigan
        City:

        Greyhope (Shire)
        Renee Du Vallier (Suzanne DiRocco)
        glamorpunk@...
        http://www.dinwiddiedesigns.com/greyhope/

        Welcome and good luck!

        Milica

        On Wednesday 02 March 2005 00:09, dariuscoinspinner wrote:
        > Greetings, and well-met, lords and ladies. I am seeking information
        > on any local branches of the SCA near Michigan City, Indiana. I
        > have been interested in joining for some time, and am now in a
        > position to do so. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any
        > local branches with which to train. I have several friends who are
        > also interested, and we would like to at least find local fighter
        > practice in order to qualify for events. Please let me know if
        > anyone has contact information that may be useful.
        >
        > Good Dn,
        > Darius Coinspinner
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        THL Milica of Varna
        Seneschal, Marche of Alderford

      • Marco and Jitka Sainte
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2 7:23 AM
          dariuscoinspinner wrote:

          > Greetings, and well-met, lords and ladies. I am seeking information
          > on any local branches of the SCA near Michigan City, Indiana. I
          > have been interested in joining for some time, and am now in a
          > position to do so. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any
          > local branches with which to train. I have several friends who are
          > also interested, and we would like to at least find local fighter
          > practice in order to qualify for events. Please let me know if
          > anyone has contact information that may be useful.
          >
          > Good Dn,
          > Darius Coinspinner

          Whoa!! Talk about stumbling onto the right person!!!

          I'm part of that group, and learning to be the chatelaine. The group is
          the Shire of Greyhope. We meet on Thursdays in the VFW hall in Lake
          Station.

          Renee's email address is out of date, and the Shire webpage is, also.
          She's also working from dialup, and doesn't live on the net like I do. :)

          What else do you need to know? I can give you directions from Michigan
          City... if you'd like to contact me offlist, please send it to
          nivisecond@... and I'll do whatever I can to help you out. We're
          also having a get-together this weekend to work on sewing projects. I
          can get you the information for that, as well as the Shire email list, also.

          Fiora

        • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2 9:03 AM
            On Wednesday 02 March 2005 10:23, Marco and Jitka Sainte wrote:
            > Renee's email address is out of date, and the Shire webpage is, also.
            > She's also working from dialup, and doesn't live on the net like I do. :)

            Please have her contact me off-list, then. I maintain the MK Seneschallorum
            database, which feeds the corresponding web page as well as the listings in
            The Pale (MK newsletter). I'm doing an update tonight, so if she can get the
            new info to me, it'll be in the April issue of The Pale.

            Database Deputy to the Middle Kingdom Seneschal

            justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
          • Marco and Jitka Sainte
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2 9:21 AM
              Iustinos Tekton called Justin wrote:

              > On Wednesday 02 March 2005 10:23, Marco and Jitka Sainte wrote:
              > > Renee's email address is out of date, and the Shire webpage is, also.
              > > She's also working from dialup, and doesn't live on the net like I
              > do. :)
              >
              > Please have her contact me off-list, then. I maintain the MK
              > Seneschallorum
              > database, which feeds the corresponding web page as well as the
              > listings in
              > The Pale (MK newsletter). I'm doing an update tonight, so if she can
              > get the
              > new info to me, it'll be in the April issue of The Pale.
              >
              > Justin
              >
              > --

              > Database Deputy to the Middle Kingdom Seneschal
              >
              > justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
              > PGP Public Key at http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey

              I'm sorry, I should have said that that's not the address I use to email
              her. I use ceararianrhod@....

              But I'll pass that on.

              Fiora