Scottish keeps guards?

  • Korhyl
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2005
      What would the gards (troops) of a Scottish keeps be called?
    • Indagoss
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2005
        Whew thats a tough one! Depends on the time period your looking into.
        Gaelic is a mouthfull even on simple stuff and it was a pretty fluid
        language. Best I can offer is a few sites to try your hand at.

        http://fanaticus.org/DBA/armies/dba128.html
        this would be good for research post MacBeth. Before then I haven't a
        clue.

        If you are hunting a literal translation (i.e. Guard = Freiceadan /
        Troops = Sidooryn) then head to
        http://www.ceantar.org/Dicts/search.html
        you can search four different Gaelic dictionaries at one time with
        about 50 different settings. I'm not sure of the root language of
        anyof these dictionary's but that shouldn't be hard to track down if
        you stay with it.

        Hope this helps you out.
        Indagoss