Re: [SCA Newcomers] brand new
I second all of the good advice you've already received. I would like to add a couple things.
1) First and most important: do try to camp with a group. They will be there to help you navigate through your first Pennsic
2) Look at the various packing lists that are available on line. Think about what you like to do, whether you need to cook, how much room you have to pack everything, and make sure you have garb for ALL KINDS OF WEATHER. Then create your own packing list. It is possible to go to a laundromat to wash things BTW.
3) Read the info at the official Pennsic site. Understand the rules.
4) There is a newcomer's point at Pennsic.
5) Understand that not everything you hear about Pennsic is necessarily true. Pennsic is many things to many people, and differing perspectives can make it like something other than what you may experience. It is a camping trip with 11,000 people who all have a "dream." Most of us find it unique and wonderful, and many refer to Pennsic as "home."
Read as much as you can, prepare well, and have fun!
Shire of Hartshorn-dale, East Kingdom
----- Original Message -----
I'm brand new to this and i want to go to Pennsic this year but don't
know where to get garb how to act when i get there or what to do...i
don't know many people except for some from Urkakele'...Val, Devlin,
Thor....any help would be appreciated.. it'd be nice to have someone
to show me around down there...can anyone help me??
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]