Re: [SCA Newcomers] Hellos!

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2005
      In a message dated 2/8/2005 12:47:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      HI_it_is_me@... writes:

      <<When one attends a coronation, should you take a gift for the new king
      and queen. If so any suggestions on what to take. >>

      Hi, Janet!

      It is not necessary for everyone attending coronation to bring a gift. If
      you know the king and queen personally, or are in some sort of a position
      where you might be part of their court or officers, you could take one, but again
      it is not necessary.
      If you do decide to take one, think of something personal and useful - some
      small notebooks (they always need to write things down and keep track of
      stuff), snack items or things that might make their personal lives a little easier
      while on the throne. They really don't need more cool kingdom-oriented
      knickknacks or that sort of thing.

      Lancaster, PA

    • HI_it_is_me@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2005
        ROFL @ Kingdom related knick-knacks.....that's funny, I bet that kings
        and queens get piles of stuff like that don't they....thanks for all
        the answers.
        Janet
      • Doug Petroshius
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2005
          I recommend going to the kingdom webpage (in your case www.midrealm.org) and
          going to their Royal Majesty's webpage. Often times they will have a
          wishlist of things they would like made for their reign. It's a really good
          place to start.

          ~Gintaras~
          Midrealm
          Midlands
          Ravenslake

        • HI_it_is_me@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 9, 2005
            Yeah, I went there, except there isn't anything listed except their
            likes and dislikes for food...so only slightly helpful there...it's ok
            though there's still like 2 1/2 months until the coronation so no
            biggie. Thanks though.
            -Janet
          • Megan & Dave
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 9, 2005
              If you need lead time, you can write or email their Highnesses chamberlain, or head retainer for ideas.

              You can find contact information for these gentles at http://houseavalon.case.edu/trh/Default.aspx

              Gwenhyfar Stuart
              Starleaf Gate, Middle.
              Yeah, I went there, except there isn't anything listed except their
              likes and dislikes for food...so only slightly helpful there...it's ok
              though there's still like 2 1/2 months until the coronation so no
              biggie. Thanks though.
              -Janet

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor