Re: brand new

  • amazonalys
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8 9:03 AM
      For info on Pennsic, have you tried:

      http://www.pennsic.net/, http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/New-
      2-Pennsic-msg.html,

      Both great places to just browse.

      The SCA site is something beginners should look over too.
      http://www.sca.org

      Have fun in the SCA.
      Lilion

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "mistress_anastasia777"
      <mistress_anastasia777@y...> wrote:

      > Hia ll...
      > I'm brand new to this and i want to go to Pennsic this year but
      don't
      > know where to get garb how to act when i get there or what to
      do...i
      > don't know many people except for some from Urkakele'...Val,
      Devlin,
      > Thor....any help would be appreciated.. it'd be nice to have
      someone
      > to show me around down there...can anyone help me??
    • amazonalys
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8 9:20 AM
        Okay, lets try these links again! <http://pennsic.net> and

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8 10:30 AM
          In a message dated 2/8/2005 12:14:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

          <<For info on Pennsic, have you tried:

          http://www.pennsic.net/, http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/New-
          2-Pennsic-msg.html, >>

          For official info on Pennsic, including the rules, fee structure, schedules,
          etc, you need to use the main Pennsic website at _www.pennsicwar.org_
          (http://www.pennsicwar.org)

          The other sites listed, while valuable, are a message board devoted to
          Pennsic, but totally unofficial, and a collection of postings from various sources
          regarding Pennsic, again entirely unofficial. While both are valuable, they
          can also be sources of significant misinformation.

          Lancaster, PA

        • amazonalys
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 8 11:55 AM
            I've never been to Pennsic myself, so I posted sites I found
            generally informative about things like packing lists, food, etc...
            I'm sure the actual Pennsic official site would be something you need
            to check out.