Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: brand new

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
      On Tuesday 08 February 2005 11:10, Nicole Wilson wrote:
      > You should pick up a copy of the Known World Handbook.  You can get it
      > at www.sca.org for $16 i think...anyways it really helped me out when
      > i started out and will address behavior and manners and even some garb
      > tips!!!  Good luck and remember to always have fun!!!

      Some of the KWH is a little out of date -- such as the list of kingdoms --
      but the tips on how to make garb and so forth are still very useful. I would
      second the recommendation to get a copy.

      keys fesswise reversed sable.

    • amazonalys
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
        For info on Pennsic, have you tried:

        http://www.pennsic.net/, http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/New-
        2-Pennsic-msg.html,

        Both great places to just browse.

        The SCA site is something beginners should look over too.
        http://www.sca.org

        Have fun in the SCA.
        Lilion

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "mistress_anastasia777"
        <mistress_anastasia777@y...> wrote:

        > Hia ll...
        > I'm brand new to this and i want to go to Pennsic this year but
        don't
        > know where to get garb how to act when i get there or what to
        do...i
        > don't know many people except for some from Urkakele'...Val,
        Devlin,
        > Thor....any help would be appreciated.. it'd be nice to have
        someone
        > to show me around down there...can anyone help me??
      • amazonalys
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
          Okay, lets try these links again! <http://pennsic.net> and

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
            In a message dated 2/8/2005 12:14:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

            <<For info on Pennsic, have you tried:

            http://www.pennsic.net/, http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/New-
            2-Pennsic-msg.html, >>

            For official info on Pennsic, including the rules, fee structure, schedules,
            etc, you need to use the main Pennsic website at _www.pennsicwar.org_
            (http://www.pennsicwar.org)

            The other sites listed, while valuable, are a message board devoted to
            Pennsic, but totally unofficial, and a collection of postings from various sources
            regarding Pennsic, again entirely unofficial. While both are valuable, they
            can also be sources of significant misinformation.

            Lancaster, PA

          • amazonalys
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
              I've never been to Pennsic myself, so I posted sites I found
              generally informative about things like packing lists, food, etc...
              I'm sure the actual Pennsic official site would be something you need
              to check out.