Re: brand new

  • Nicole Wilson
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
      You should pick up a copy of the Known World Handbook. You can get it
      at www.sca.org for $16 i think...anyways it really helped me out when
      i started out and will address behavior and manners and even some garb
      tips!!! Good luck and remember to always have fun!!!

      Yours in the Dream,
      -Nicole

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "mistress_anastasia777"
      <mistress_anastasia777@y...> wrote:

      > Hia ll...
      > I'm brand new to this and i want to go to Pennsic this year but don't
      > know where to get garb how to act when i get there or what to do...i
      > don't know many people except for some from Urkakele'...Val, Devlin,
      > Thor....any help would be appreciated.. it'd be nice to have someone
      > to show me around down there...can anyone help me??
    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
        On Tuesday 08 February 2005 11:10, Nicole Wilson wrote:
        > You should pick up a copy of the Known World Handbook.  You can get it
        > at www.sca.org for $16 i think...anyways it really helped me out when
        > i started out and will address behavior and manners and even some garb
        > tips!!!  Good luck and remember to always have fun!!!

        Some of the KWH is a little out of date -- such as the list of kingdoms --
        but the tips on how to make garb and so forth are still very useful. I would
        second the recommendation to get a copy.

        keys fesswise reversed sable.

      • amazonalys
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
          For info on Pennsic, have you tried:

          http://www.pennsic.net/, http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/New-
          2-Pennsic-msg.html,

          Both great places to just browse.

          The SCA site is something beginners should look over too.
          http://www.sca.org

          Have fun in the SCA.
          Lilion

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
            Okay, lets try these links again! <http://pennsic.net> and

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
              In a message dated 2/8/2005 12:14:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

              <<For info on Pennsic, have you tried:

              http://www.pennsic.net/, http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/New-
              2-Pennsic-msg.html, >>

              For official info on Pennsic, including the rules, fee structure, schedules,
              etc, you need to use the main Pennsic website at _www.pennsicwar.org_
              (http://www.pennsicwar.org)

              The other sites listed, while valuable, are a message board devoted to
              Pennsic, but totally unofficial, and a collection of postings from various sources
              regarding Pennsic, again entirely unofficial. While both are valuable, they
              can also be sources of significant misinformation.

              Lancaster, PA

            • amazonalys
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
                I've never been to Pennsic myself, so I posted sites I found
                generally informative about things like packing lists, food, etc...
                I'm sure the actual Pennsic official site would be something you need
                to check out.