brand new

  • mistress_anastasia777
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 7, 2005
      Hia ll...
      I'm brand new to this and i want to go to Pennsic this year but don't
      know where to get garb how to act when i get there or what to do...i
      don't know many people except for some from Urkakele'...Val, Devlin,
      Thor....any help would be appreciated.. it'd be nice to have someone
      to show me around down there...can anyone help me??
    • Nicole Wilson
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
        You should pick up a copy of the Known World Handbook. You can get it
        at www.sca.org for $16 i think...anyways it really helped me out when
        i started out and will address behavior and manners and even some garb
        tips!!! Good luck and remember to always have fun!!!

        Yours in the Dream,
        -Nicole

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "mistress_anastasia777"
        <mistress_anastasia777@y...> wrote:

        > Hia ll...
        > I'm brand new to this and i want to go to Pennsic this year but don't
        > know where to get garb how to act when i get there or what to do...i
        > don't know many people except for some from Urkakele'...Val, Devlin,
        > Thor....any help would be appreciated.. it'd be nice to have someone
        > to show me around down there...can anyone help me??
      • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
          On Tuesday 08 February 2005 11:10, Nicole Wilson wrote:
          > You should pick up a copy of the Known World Handbook.  You can get it
          > at www.sca.org for $16 i think...anyways it really helped me out when
          > i started out and will address behavior and manners and even some garb
          > tips!!!  Good luck and remember to always have fun!!!

          Some of the KWH is a little out of date -- such as the list of kingdoms --
          but the tips on how to make garb and so forth are still very useful. I would
          second the recommendation to get a copy.

          keys fesswise reversed sable.

        • amazonalys
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
            For info on Pennsic, have you tried:

            http://www.pennsic.net/, http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/New-
            2-Pennsic-msg.html,

            Both great places to just browse.

            The SCA site is something beginners should look over too.
            http://www.sca.org

            Have fun in the SCA.
            Lilion

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
              Okay, lets try these links again! <http://pennsic.net> and

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
                In a message dated 2/8/2005 12:14:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

                <<For info on Pennsic, have you tried:

                http://www.pennsic.net/, http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/New-
                2-Pennsic-msg.html, >>

                For official info on Pennsic, including the rules, fee structure, schedules,
                etc, you need to use the main Pennsic website at _www.pennsicwar.org_
                (http://www.pennsicwar.org)

                The other sites listed, while valuable, are a message board devoted to
                Pennsic, but totally unofficial, and a collection of postings from various sources
                regarding Pennsic, again entirely unofficial. While both are valuable, they
                can also be sources of significant misinformation.

                Lancaster, PA

              • amazonalys
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
                  I've never been to Pennsic myself, so I posted sites I found
                  generally informative about things like packing lists, food, etc...
                  I'm sure the actual Pennsic official site would be something you need
                  to check out.