Re: [SCA Newcomers] New new new

  • HARKINS
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2005
      Yes that is her job and she will most likely help you
      alot!

      She probably has loaner garb that you can wear to your
      first event.

      Go to something you are interested in, too. Most
      archery groups have weekly practices with loaner
      equipment and garb was not required at practices. I
      asked them if I could camp with them for my first
      event and now I call them my friends. (only been in
      the SCA for about 6 months. I started there, but have
      branched out to other things, and even make my own
      garb.)

      ALso if you are an artist.. there are folks that do
      illumination and calligraphy usually, and there is
      usually a group of folks that get together to sew
      garb, so.. you could go there and learn to make your
      own. Men do sew in the SCA!!! quite manly really :)

      I use a derivitive of my real name, I don't have a
      personna or device but I'm still having a blast!

      Main thing is DON'T give up... with 4 or 5 events
      under my belt, I feel so much more at ease with it
      all. I am getting to know more and more folks with
      every event.

      Susanna (Steppes in Ansteorra)
      --- Jim <geoo@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------

      Hi all

      Well my name is Jim. I am new to SCA, and in fact
      only been to one
      Populace meeting. Am finding it very difficult to
      find my way. I
      have had some help from a really nice hospitaler, but
      still having
      difficulties.

      I live in the Barony of Namron in the Kingdom of
      Ansteorra. The
      people at the meeting were very nice, although i am
      pretty shy (I
      kind of blend in to settings). But now what?

      There are several events coming up for us but I dont
      know where to
      start with garb, I dont have a name :( other than my
      old boring one,
      I have been working on my persona but that is coming
      along slowly,
      and I am not sure where to start. My first thought is
      maybe I should
      get back with the hospitaler. Is that what she is
      there for? or am I
      incorrect in seeking her help?

      Jim

      Terms of Service.