RE: [SCA Newcomers] plastic armor

  • Doug Petroshius
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2005
      Not sure about patterns, but my experience says they're fairly similar to
      patterns for steel armor. Egg armory, Dark Victory armory, and Alchemy
      armory are the three main plastic-armorers that I know of. Check out their
      stuff for ideas. You can find their sites at www.therionarms.com, then click
      on the links page.

      ~Gintaras~
      Midrealm
      Midlands
      Ravenslake

      >From: "John" <master__chainer@...>
      >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [SCA Newcomers] plastic armor
      >Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:34:35 -0000
      >

      >Hello all, I've been making armor for years(mainly chainmail), and
      >I've been trying something new...plastic armor...I know what your
      >thinking, god is that ugly, But I fell that I can make look great,
      >But I need some paterns and templates to go by. Would anyone know
      >where I can find patterns that would work with heating and melting
      >plastic?

    • Brian McDaniel
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3 9:07 AM
        www.armourarchive.org
        This site has some great patterns, links, and discussion boards. I
        would advise against openly talking plastic, they love their metal
        there.

        www.arador.com (i think, search arador armor library on yahoo)
        This site also has some good stuff.

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "John" <master__chainer@h...>

      • HI_it_is_me@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8 9:35 AM
          Plastic Armor is pretty nice if you do it right...a lot of my fighter
          friends have plastic armor and the only way you can tell it's plastic
          is because it doesn't make all that clinking and clanking that metal
          does. They sell really handy spray paint now that is made just for
          plastic so you can make your pieces and paint them whatever pretty
          color you want (or go with the metallic silver color to look more
          authentic).