plastic armor

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2005
      Hello all, I've been making armor for years(mainly chainmail), and
      I've been trying something new...plastic armor...I know what your
      thinking, god is that ugly, But I fell that I can make look great,
      But I need some paterns and templates to go by. Would anyone know
      where I can find patterns that would work with heating and melting
      plastic?
    • Doug Petroshius
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2005
        Not sure about patterns, but my experience says they're fairly similar to
        patterns for steel armor. Egg armory, Dark Victory armory, and Alchemy
        armory are the three main plastic-armorers that I know of. Check out their
        stuff for ideas. You can find their sites at www.therionarms.com, then click
        on the links page.

        ~Gintaras~
        Midrealm
        Midlands
        Ravenslake

        >From: "John" <master__chainer@...>
        >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [SCA Newcomers] plastic armor
        >Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:34:35 -0000
        >

        >Hello all, I've been making armor for years(mainly chainmail), and
        >I've been trying something new...plastic armor...I know what your
        >thinking, god is that ugly, But I fell that I can make look great,
        >But I need some paterns and templates to go by. Would anyone know
        >where I can find patterns that would work with heating and melting
        >plastic?

      • Brian McDaniel
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
          www.armourarchive.org
          This site has some great patterns, links, and discussion boards. I
          would advise against openly talking plastic, they love their metal
          there.

          www.arador.com (i think, search arador armor library on yahoo)
          This site also has some good stuff.

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "John" <master__chainer@h...>

        • HI_it_is_me@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8, 2005
            Plastic Armor is pretty nice if you do it right...a lot of my fighter
            friends have plastic armor and the only way you can tell it's plastic
            is because it doesn't make all that clinking and clanking that metal
            does. They sell really handy spray paint now that is made just for
            plastic so you can make your pieces and paint them whatever pretty
            color you want (or go with the metallic silver color to look more
            authentic).