Re: [SCA Newcomers] Help with bad grommets (was: I need a better punching too...

  • Dianne & Greg Stucki
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
      From: bronwynmgn@...
      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 5:49 PM
      Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Help with bad grommets (was: I need a better punching too...
      I've only overstitched grommets once, years ago, and
      that was as I was first making the bodice, which of course I promptly managed
      to lose at a RenFaire before I'd even had it one summer.
      How, may I ask, did you manage to LOSE your bodice at a Faire? Or is that too personal a question?

      grins

      Laurensa

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        In a message dated 1/2/2005 6:38:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        goofy1@... writes:

        <<How, may I ask, did you manage to LOSE your bodice at a Faire? Or is that
        too personal a question?>>

        Not at all, since it involves nothing more intimate than using my bloomers
        as a carry bag...it was an extremely hot day, and when fair ended I changed
        into shorts and T-shirt and crammed the rest of my garb inside my bloomers so I
        could use them as a carrying bag. As best I can determine, I must have put
        the bodice down one leg hole and had it fall out the bottom while I was
        walking around. Just goes to show, one should never trust a carrying bag with a
        built-in hole in the bottom.... Before you ask, the bodice was cheap
        polycotton and the only "boning" in it was that cheap stiffening strip stuff you can
        buy at JoAnn's and cut with scissors, used only at the lacing edges. Me
        being even more petite then than I am now, there was plenty of room for a very
        crushable (and very small) bodice to work it's way out of an elasticized leg
        hole. Some of my bodices are in shire gold key right now and I've only ever
        found one other person even close to adult (and I think she was 16) that could
        wear them; usually they get put on 12 year olds.

        Lancaster, PA