Re: [SCA Newcomers] Norse (viking) looking for armor and garb

  • Anne
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2004
      Yes! Waco is indeed holding VikingFest this coming year, and every
      year for the next eight. :) So, here's the current link ...
      http://www.vikingfest.com/

      And, if you need help figuring out where to stay, or need specific
      info on the Waco area, feel free to email me off-list, since I happen
      to reside there.

      Juliane Rose

      On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:54:10 -0000, lakesavernake <aferrell@...> wrote:

      > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Korhyl Walker <Korhyl@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > sorry about not giving all my info i a 32 male from the Kingdom of
      > Ansteorra (texas) and i am with in the lands of Shire of Emerald Keep
      > (Waco).
      > >
      > > my truble is i am 6'4'' and near 300lb so i am having a hard time
      > finding any thing that fits at all. i am looking for North man garb
      > more then armor right now. thank you for the info sent all ready :)
      > >

      > Dear Korhyl,
      >
      > I'm in Bjornsborg (San Antonio) a barony full of vikings. Some of
      > them are very large too. I would be very happy to help you with your
      > garb, and also point you to folks who know more about armour. The
      > viking answer lady lives in Byn Gwlad (Austin). Gunnoura is a weath
      > of information and is a very intertaining lady to talk to. Did you
      > know that Waco had a viking fest(non SCA) last year? There will be
      > another one this April. They are buying a full size longship from
      > Poland and will be sailing it down the river.
      >
      > sincerely,
      > Seraphina
      > (aka Solveig to the vikings)
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      ~ Not all who wander are lost .... ~

      Well-behaved women rarely make history.

      "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt
      of in your philosophy."

      --From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)