Re: [SCA Newcomers] Introduction

  • Alison Choyce
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 19, 2004
      Greetings and Welcome Sarah,

      I saw your post on AOTC also. I think you'll enjoy the SCA. I have a friend who says you are great at costuming. I'm sure you will fit in well. 1000 years time span to explore is a great way to pursue a history "fix."

      Good luck,
      Alison Wodehalle
      Shire of Hartshorn-dale, East Kingdom
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 28, 2004
        Actually, you can directly compare (placing the fabric under the
        yarn/colour swatches which are hand dyed with natural dyes) and tell
        which colours are able to be reproduced with natural dyes despite the
        fabric actually being dyed with synthetic dyes. There is a noticable
        difference between colours that can ONLY be achieved synthetically and
        those that can be achieved through natural means. Keep in mind, though
        that there are quite a few colours available today which are achieved
        synthetically but can be achieved naturally - sorry if that is
        confusing.

        Sarah