Re: Armour strapping?

  • john
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2004
      go to http://tandyleather.com/ check if there is a store near you.
      If not then just order from there. I got mine there and it was
      delivered quickly.

      Galfrid

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, lweson@t... wrote:

      > Tandy leather has straps, buckles, hole punches and speed rivits.
      > Otherwise if money is an issue (as it is with most people nowadays)
      > you can always use dog collars as a workable substitute Good luck
      > and Happy Fighting!!!
      >
      > Cristal of Windhaven
      > Kingdom of Northshield
      >

      > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Cælin of Chepstow
      > <renratgael@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Does anyone know of a place I can get the leather strapping with
      > > buckles, needed for armour? Just got my armour in, some has
      > strapping
      > > but most does not. Ideally if I could find the normal half inch
      > > straps with buckles and holes already made and I'd just have to
      > rivet
      > > to the armour.
    • chemistbb3
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 2004
        Also remember thrift shops and yard/garage sales to get those old
        leather belts that already have buckles and holes punched. That
        middle section you cut out makes good spares for the repairs when you
        blow the strap out. For rivets you can go with roofing nails and
        flat washers as the roofing nails look alot like the armoring nails
        that were used.

        William