Re: [SCA Newcomers] Armour strapping?

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2004
      In a message dated 12/10/2004 7:12:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      renratgael@... writes:

      <<Does anyone know of a place I can get the leather strapping with
      buckles, needed for armour? Just got my armour in, some has strapping
      but most does not. Ideally if I could find the normal half inch
      straps with buckles and holes already made and I'd just have to rivet
      to the armour. >>

      Most mundane shops which carry leatherwork supplies should have at least the
      buckles, although if you want period styles you will probably need to go to an
      SCA merchant. I can give you some links if that's what you want.
      As far as the strapping itself, I don't know if they'd carry it or not; my
      husband has a "stripping tool", I think it's called, that makes cutting straps
      very easy, then uses a hole punch to put the holes where he needs them.

      Lancaster, PA

    • Cælin of Chepstow
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2004
        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, bronwynmgn@a... wrote:
        > In a message dated 12/10/2004 7:12:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        > renratgael@y... writes:
        >
        > <<Does anyone know of a place I can get the leather strapping with
        > buckles, needed for armour? Just got my armour in, some has
        strapping
        > but most does not. Ideally if I could find the normal half inch
        > straps with buckles and holes already made and I'd just have to
        rivet
        > to the armour. >>
        >
        > Most mundane shops which carry leatherwork supplies should have at
        least the
        > buckles, although if you want period styles you will probably need
        to go to an
        > SCA merchant. I can give you some links if that's what you want.
        > As far as the strapping itself, I don't know if they'd carry it or
        not; my
        > husband has a "stripping tool", I think it's called, that makes
        cutting straps
        > very easy, then uses a hole punch to put the holes where he needs
        them.

        > Brangwayna Morgan

        o.k. thanks Brangwayna. I'll have a look for both.