Armour strapping?

  • Cælin of Chepstow
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2004
      Does anyone know of a place I can get the leather strapping with
      buckles, needed for armour? Just got my armour in, some has strapping
      but most does not. Ideally if I could find the normal half inch
      straps with buckles and holes already made and I'd just have to rivet
      to the armour.
    • lweson@tds.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2004
        Tandy leather has straps, buckles, hole punches and speed rivits.
        Otherwise if money is an issue (as it is with most people nowadays)
        you can always use dog collars as a workable substitute Good luck
        and Happy Fighting!!!

        Cristal of Windhaven
        Kingdom of Northshield

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Cælin of Chepstow
        <renratgael@y...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know of a place I can get the leather strapping with
        > buckles, needed for armour? Just got my armour in, some has
        strapping
        > but most does not. Ideally if I could find the normal half inch
        > straps with buckles and holes already made and I'd just have to
        rivet
        > to the armour.
      • john
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2004
          go to http://tandyleather.com/ check if there is a store near you.
          If not then just order from there. I got mine there and it was
          delivered quickly.

          Galfrid

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, lweson@t... wrote:

          > Tandy leather has straps, buckles, hole punches and speed rivits.
          > Otherwise if money is an issue (as it is with most people nowadays)
          > you can always use dog collars as a workable substitute Good luck
          > and Happy Fighting!!!
          >
          > Cristal of Windhaven
          > Kingdom of Northshield
          >

          > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Cælin of Chepstow
          > <renratgael@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Does anyone know of a place I can get the leather strapping with
          > > buckles, needed for armour? Just got my armour in, some has
          > strapping
          > > but most does not. Ideally if I could find the normal half inch
          > > straps with buckles and holes already made and I'd just have to
          > rivet
          > > to the armour.
        • chemistbb3
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 15, 2004
            Also remember thrift shops and yard/garage sales to get those old
            leather belts that already have buckles and holes punched. That
            middle section you cut out makes good spares for the repairs when you
            blow the strap out. For rivets you can go with roofing nails and
            flat washers as the roofing nails look alot like the armoring nails
            that were used.

            William