Re: [SCA Newcomers] a name and no period

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      In a message dated 11/30/2004 3:17:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      seafoodguy2001@... writes:

      <<have a name that shows up in various forms thughout the isles from
      Ireland to Wales but not sure what period to be from any help?>>

      Well, first thing is that your period would have to be one in which the name
      is used. If I remember correctly, Radulphus stays around for a good long time.

      The next place I would go is what you would be comfortable wearing. If you
      don't want something that looks like tights with your bottom showing, stay away
      from the late 14th - early 15th century. If you don't like the concept of
      long heavy gowns, stay away from houupelandes (15th century, usually), etc.
      Also take your sewing skills and/or the relative ease of buying what you want
      into account.

      If you don't care what you wear, then pick the time period where the history
      seems most interesting...

      Lancaster, PA