Re: [SCA Newcomers] Official society name?

  • Tirloch O'Riordain
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2004
      renratgael wrote:

      > I've been researching and pondering for a while and and have finally
      > settled on a name. Do I need to fill out the "submission of an
      > individual name" form and sent it to my local herald? (I assume this
      > is what this form is for) OR, can I start using my chosen name
      > without officially registering it? I realize the chance of someone
      > else having the same exact name I've chosen is slim, but this is why
      > you have to fill in the form? (to make sure someone else out there
      > doesn't already go by the same name) Also, there is a spot on the
      > form for "consulting herald". What if I've sent out a couple emails
      > to a couple different heralds with no replies back? (which is the
      > case for me) Must I have talked to a herald before officially
      > submitting the name?
      > thanks in advance,
      > Gael (for now)

      Greetings,

      You may use any name without submitting it or having it passed by the
      heralds. As you stated, it is unlikely that someone has the exact name
      that you have chosen. It is nice to get your name registered though,
      because then you know it will pass, but it is not a requirement.

      As to the heralds you have contacted who have not responded to you that
      is unfortunate. I do not know if the heralds you contacted were local or
      regional or Kingdom. If they are local heralds and not responding you
      may just wish to go up the ladder so to speak. Whatever level, they may
      have an office day once per week, so it may be that they will respond on
      that day... if it is over a week than I don't have any other
      suggestions. As for submitting your name, you could fill out the form
      and submit it but it really helps to talk to a local herald and get
      assistance with the process. Good luck.

      Your Servant,

      Tirloch