[SCA Newcomers] Re: garb questions

  • Matt Snapp
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 16, 2004
      Although...

      Such a garmet would be good to make to donate to the Hospitaller's
      Chest, as it is more likely to find it's way home should it be
      misplaced. Donations of basic garb in the group's colors/with the
      group's badge will usually be gratefully accepted, especially if the
      group is in the midst of a 'growth spurt'.

      Alternatively, garb with the group's and Kingdom's badge as trim
      would make a great gift to the Baron or Baroness (for "taxes" and
      other "persona issues"). In some kingdoms, nobility are expected to
      provide 'largess' to those who have performed deeds of note, and such
      gifts are a way to help provision the baronial 'coffers'.