Re: [SCA Newcomers] Joining

  • lolthor_69
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
      I am located in rosville but am interested in joining cynnabar for I
      have a few friends there.

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Aksham" <chatelaine@c...>
      wrote:
      > ... where are you located?
      >
      > Aksham

    • lolthor_69
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
        Not sure if I sent it right but I live in roseville but would like
        to join cynnabar for I have a few friends there.

        Thank You

        wrote:
        > ... where are you located?
        >
        > Aksham

      • Amy
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2004
          I'm originally from Sacramento California and I know there is a
          Roseville just outside of Sacrmento. However, many towns in this
          country have a "sister" city. Meaning you can find a Portland in
          Oregon and on the east coast (I believe it's Mass. not sure though).

          I didn't join the SCA until I moved to Vegas. So if you are in the
          Sacramento area I am not sure what is there.

          If you have a few friends in Cynnabar, why not ask them for the email
          address to their Chatelaine/Castellan/Gold Key Officer ? That would
          be probably the quickest way to get in touch with them. Also, they
          may have a website that you could check out.

          You can also try to track them down yourself by going to
          http://www.sca.org Just follow the links to finding a local group.
          The local group's contact information should be out there.

          Emy of Starkhafn

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "lolthor_69" <lolthor_69@y...>
          wrote:

          > Not sure if I sent it right but I live in roseville but would like
          > to join cynnabar for I have a few friends there.
          >
          > Thank You
          >

          > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Aksham" <chatelaine@c...>
          > wrote:
          > > ... where are you located?
          > >
          > > Aksham

        • Aksham
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2004
            Ironically, I just send this email out on the 2nd. I'll repost it for you
            here:

            I just want to remind people in the SE Michigan area about Cynnabar's
            newcomer revel this weekend. It's November 6th at 7 pm in the Mason Hall on
            UofM's central campus. Come in garb or we have loaner garb if you want to
            borrow some. We'll also have some feast gear people can borrow and we'll be
            providing food and a fun and comfortable evening to get to know each other.

            1500 Mason Hall -- Central Campus, State Street & N. University, by Thayer
            St.

            Mason Hall has a large blue sign on the Diag (east)side. The doors off the
            Diag are open 24 hours to allow entrance to the "fishbowl" -- computer
            center. People can come in off the Diag and take the sweeping staircase up
            to 1500 Mason Hall, or they can take the set of elevators just to the left
            of the staircase.

            To unload, turn right off N. University at the stop sign at Thayer and drive
            back along the service drive to the loading area. The doors on that side
            should be staffed by Cynnabar members. The freight elevator will take you
            near 1500 Mason Hall. You'll want to unload quickly and then park your car.

            Parking on the street is free after 6 p.m., I believe. The U-M Church St.
            parking structure opens to the public after 6 p.m. on Saturdays. The Maynard
            St. public parking structure downtown charges 95 cents an hour.

            If you need anything, just let me know -
            Aksham/Kate
            chatelaine@...