Re: [SCA Newcomers] SCA spelling and pronunciations

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2004
      On Thursday 04 November 2004 13:40, Emy wrote:
      > Any tips on how to understand and speak SCAdian better?

      Experience.

      Unfortunately, the wide variety of cultures and languages we study makes any
      single set of grammar and spelling rules totally impossible to achieve.

      The bad news is that after ten years in the SCA, there will still be words
      that are hard to pronounce and even harder to spell.

      The good news is that you'll still be having fun, regardless of whether you
      get every word right every time.

      Don't worry too much about spelling complicated names right away. You will
      pick this up over time, almost without realizing you're doing so.

      keys fesswise reversed sable.