Re: armour and leather

  • chemistbb3
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2004
      Based on you screen name I am making an assumption that you are in
      the Barony of Northkeep in the northern region of Ansteorra.

      To get started you should be able to borrow some loaner armor from
      the Barony. Also, there are a lot of alternative materals to use for
      armor besides metal and leather. Sometimes it talkes a bit of a
      creative mind and a scroungers heart. Visit sign shops and sheet
      metal shpos and ask about their "drops" or scraps. Talk to the local
      fighters about armoring work days. Do not be aftaid to barter for
      goods. "I'll mow your yard if you will help me get/make some knee
      cops". My basic body armor is a coat of plates made from canvas and
      plastic barrel. Between the canvas and a tabard, th3e plastic is
      hidden.

      If you need help finding someone to help out locally, and my
      assumptions were right about where you are, give me a shout and I
      will put you in contact with some folks up that way.

      WIlliam
      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Sean OBrien
      <ohoolighanofnorthkeep@y...> wrote:

      > I want to be a heavy arms fighter but may have a slight problem.
      I'm not rich, and the leather and other items I have looked into are
      so expensive. Is there used armour, leather or weapons to purchase
      somewhere in our barony? I am a rather large person, so I will need
      a lot of whatever I buy. I want to be a heavy arms fighter so badly
      but am afraid I won't be able to afford the items I need in order to
      become a fighter. What do I do? Any suggestions? Thanks!