Re: [SCA Newcomers]OT- post office complaints

  • Marcus Dooley
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 5, 2004
      Is it just me or does this topic seam a little off topic?
      Marc

      Tina wrote:

      > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "amanda sears"
      > <kissesmomof4@m...> wrote:
      > > Tina, a pleasant carrier is also a precious gift. You do not know
      > how I wish that we had a carrier who even knew how to smile. Try and
      > be friendly to this woman and it is like trying to be friendly to a
      > stone wall, she does not even respond.
      > >

      > Ick, sorry to hear you have a bad one. Carriers like that do not make
      > my job any easier. The post office is the one organization that
      > touches everybody's life. The government is there but not on such a
      > close personal level. You receive mail Mon-Sat unless it's a holiday.
      > So it's something everyone can relate to and it only takes one bad
      > employee to really mess things up for the rest of us. :(
      >
      > > I can imagine that the holidays must be a stressful time to be a
      > mail carrier!!! OUCH, all those cards!!!
      > >

      > The cards are easy, it's the catalogs and packages that are a
      > problem. As a rural carrier I have to use my own vehicle and there
      > are days when it's just not big enough. But the fun part is seeing
      > all the catalogs. :) I have a few SCA members on my route and they
      > get the neatest catalogs. If I have time, I always jot down the
      > number or website address so I can get a copy for myself.
      >
      > Tina
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > click here
      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290hssuh/M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1097097474/A=2376776/R=0/SIG=11ldm1jvc/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/ydomains2004/index.html>

    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2004
        On Tuesday 05 October 2004 17:37, Marcus Dooley wrote:
        > Is it just me or does this topic seam a little off topic?
        > Marc

        Probably. I've been letting it slide because no one was complaining, but
        now that you mention it, you're right.

        Can we drift a bit back toward the SCA, good gentles? :-) The last post
        on this thread, about SCA-friendly catalogs, is on topic to the extent
        that we're talking about places for newcomers to get their first gear.
        How about next poster on that subject change the subject line for the
        thread, and take it in a new direction?

        Not complaining, just "nudging". That's why they pay moderators the big
        bucks. Well, in our dreams, anyway. ;-)

        keys fesswise reversed sable.